Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Day 3 Thankfulness and Giving


Today I woke up and was filled with energy, which to be honest has been lacking for the last week. I am finding that taking this opportunity to practice thankfulness is helping me to focus on the right things and not to waste energy in the wrong areas.  The lighter my heart, the happier I feel, and the more I can focus.  Well with that insightful wisdom, shall we move on to day 3?

For day three I wanted to write about a group of people who have become near and dear to me over the last two years.  In January of 2018, I was feeling a bit lost.  I had lost my dad about six months prior and I had lost my sweet MadZ pup two months to the day after my Dad passed. My heart was broken, and Andy sent me a text with a link to a twitter account called, @dog_feelings.  I still remember the tweet, “my ear. is inside out. and the human. is not home to fix it. i have put the household. on alert level. dark grey.” I read this and laughed until I cried; I created an account that day, just to follow the posts.

From this account, I found @notquiteold Theo-sophy from their comments, which lead me to becoming a “Twitter Lawyer” for @Oppopotamus Opie, and the list just kept on growing from there.  So many wonderful people that allowed me to “adopt” their dogs through Twitter.  There were no politics, there were no hate speeches, just pure love of animals and it healed my heart.  These friends, these animals, filled me with the love that I needed to bring Linus into my life, whom I will be thankful for in another blog. 

Through miles and across oceans, in all parts of the world, I have made friendship that I hold close to my heart.  For this, I am thankful for a silly phone app called Twitter. But, most importantly, I am thankful for all the friendships that I have been able to make.  If I listed you all here, I would not have enough room for listing the donations for today, so I will leave it to say that if you see this post, if you read this post, you are dear to me and I am thankful for you!

To show my appreciation and thankfulness for what I have today, I have made a $20.00 donation to each of the following charities:



No comments:

Post a Comment