Thursday, December 12, 2019

Day 4: Thankfulness and Giving


I can’t believe that we are halfway through our seven days already.  Thank you to all of those that have continued the journey with me, so on to day 4!

Part of this practice of thankfulness is having the ability to also give back to those in need, which made me reflect on this past year. For the first time in my adult life, I found myself between jobs, I tried calling it a sabbatical to ease my mind, but the fact was that the company that I had given 20 hour days, seven days a week, for three years decided that my job was no longer needed. I know this happens every day, but when it happened to me, it made me question my capabilities; my worthiness; my purpose.

Have I said already, the past few years have been tough ones?  Well, I digress; but what was the most difficult for me about losing my job was that I had finally reached a point in my life and with my employment that I was able to truly help some wonderful people. So, what I am most thankful for today is my job.  Not for how it makes my life easier (I am thankful for this) but for the fact that it allows me to do things like this practice of 7 days of thankfulness and giving.  I hope that these donations make a difference and that they help to spread kindness in the world around us.

To show my appreciation and thankfulness for what I have today, I have made a $20.00 donation to each of the following charities:

Hope for Pondenco ( www.hopeforpodencos.com)
Underdog Pet Rescue (www.underdogpetrescue.org )
Beagle Freedom Project (www.bfp.org )
Lange Foundation (www.langefoundation.org )

No comments:

Post a Comment